Nine small businesses will receive the Utah Small Business Development Center’s Regional Client of the Year award Friday at the State Capitol during Rural Legislative Day.
Each winner represents nine regions in Utah that work with the Utah SBDC. The businesses represent a broad range of products, services and innovations offered by Utah’s entrepreneurs.
This year’s winners are:
• Bella Vida Laser & Aesthetics, Orem
• Breeders N Feeders LLC, Tooele
• Caregiver Support Network, Kaysville
• Grandpa’s Kitchen, Ogden
• Healthy Express Weight Loss and Management, St. George
• Ooh La La & Friends, Vernal
• South Mountain Builders, Inc., Salt Lake City
• Stan’s Burger Shak, Ephraim
• Unshoes Minimal Footwear, Cedar City
Rural Legislative Day was started in 2011 by the Governor’s Office of Economic Development’s Rural Division to inform lawmakers about issues impacting rural Utah. The Utah SBDC operates 10 service centers and 4 satellite locations throughout Utah, providing consulting, training and other resources to emerging and existing small business owners.
The Utah SBDC partners with the U.S. Small Business Administration, the Governor’s Office of Economic Development and eight other colleges and universities in the state. To learn more about the Utah SBDC, visit www.utahsbdc.org.