Many Salt Lake Community College faculty and staff members have received awards and recognition over the past year. Several are listed below.
- Leslie Seiferle—Winner of bronze medal, ACF Sanctioned Culinary Competition
- Maria Ammar—Published “Ingredients of an Effective ESL Curriculum at an Urban Community College” in ESL Quarterly
- Eric Heiser—Published articles in Journal of Competency Based Education and Association of Career and Technical Education
- Connie Spanton-Jex—Recipient of the Kim Maibaum Lifetime Achievement Award at the Utah Registry of Interpreter’s for the Deaf Biennial Conference
- Tiffinay Rousculp—Recipient of the Outstanding Book/Major Work award at the International Writing Centers Association Biennial Meeting
- Melissa Schaefer—Published articles about lemurs in Anthrozoos, Folia Primatologica and American Journal of Primatology
- Deidre Tyler—Published (collaboratively) “Teaching for Social Justice: Motivations of Community College Faculty in Sociology” in Teaching Sociology
- School of Science, Mathematics and Engineering (multiple authors)—Authored 10 pieces in various publications throughout 2016.
Congratulations, to all faculty members for their hard work, dedication and award-winning performance throughout each year.
We’re glad you’re here! Our students are the better for it!