Skip to main content

Meet Our Students: Arleth Miramontes

 

Arleth Miramontes


Age: 20

Lives in: West Valley City

Originally from: Los Angeles, California.


Current major:

I am pursuing a business degree! I recently switched to this degree from mathematics to pursue my dream instead. I believe if I follow my passion I will succeed and be happier, especially with a plan and foundation.


Academic goals:

My goals are to have a GPA higher than 3.5 and to graduate by next year! I hope to transfer to the University of Utah for a business or marketing bachelor’s degree! I have been going to SLCC since Fall 2019 and I have been doing classes every semester since (even summer)! I am currently in my summer courses right now.


Dream job:

My dream job would be to open my own business that sells lashes, cosmetics and fashion. I just love gothic, dark, edgy fashion and makeup and I believe I can reach out to other people who feel the same way. When I choose my makeup, brands tend to look flowery or cutesy and are typically expensive, so it makes it hard to choose what I want with my collection. Even lower priced makeup is usually of low quality, a hit or miss. With my aesthetic, I want to appeal toward a niche community to open the market to create my own packaging that looks cool, affordable and high quality. I am passionate about this dream!


Plan B:

My plan B is to use my business or marketing degree to have a job in marketing. I feel like this degree opens options and I can choose from many. I haven’t thought about other options, however. My main priority is my own business!



Why are you pursuing a higher education:

I want a higher education to expand my knowledge. I believe any degree can create a foundation for all your aspirations in the future. You can apply this knowledge to future careers, even if you end up in a job not related to your major. I believe having a degree can earn you respect and help you have higher income as well in the end.


Why you chose SLCC:

I chose SLCC because their courses are easily transferrable to any university, it's affordable and the classes are smaller. I can knock off almost half of my credits for a bachelor’s degree by transferring my associate's degree from SLCC to any university for a fraction of the price. SLCC’s tuition is around $2,000 for full time students each term. For a university, full time tuition ranges from $4,000 to $15,000. I can gain the same education and the same number of credits for a way cheaper cost. I also receive scholarships, and that saves me money as well. I want to save as much money as I can for my future in a university.


What motivates you or inspires you at school and/or in life:

What inspires me to succeed is to make my parents proud. I want to succeed not only for myself, but also for my family. I wish to be able to be a successful adult in the future to be able to care for myself and to appreciate the sacrifices my family has made for me to have an education. I want my life to have goals, and I want to reach those goals as well. I don’t want to feel stagnant or that I regret not doing more. I know education is the best path for me to advance in life.


What are some important life and/or career lessons you have learned so far:

Some career lessons are to always work at your job efficiently and to always be positive. Just being a hard worker and doing your job with no complaints and not bragging about it can go a long way as well. People will notice if you are an amazing worker, and this can create opportunities for you. Know when to be professional and fun, and know when to give yourself breaks as well.


What is the best advice you have been given or that you give others:

My best advice is to not procrastinate! I believe this is a lesson because it sets you up for success in the future. Staying on top of things will lead you to stay on top of other aspects of your life like career, personal and education. Beating procrastination early on or failing and learning your lesson will teach you to become proactive in your studies. It is hard but deciding to prioritize your education or career will enhance you in either way.


Family:

My family includes my mom, America Esqueda, my father, Arcadio Miramontes, and my brother, Ace Miramontes. My father’s family is from Jalisco, Mexico and my mother’s family is from Michocan and Durango, Mexico. My sibling and I were born in California and we moved to Utah when I was young. I have my family’s support in my education and their love, and I appreciate that the most. They will support me in whatever I choose to do with my life. I wouldn’t have had the opportunities here if it weren’t for them.


Hobbies:

I love dancing to K-pop choreographies! I love the feeling of dancing and perfecting dances that I then can perform in front of my friends and family. I wish to film myself dancing and post them to social media as well in the future! I love wearing gothic dark clothing and makeup, and I love drawing. I also love to plan out my business in every aspect!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SLCC Business School is Utah’s First to be Named Exclusively After a Woman

Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) proudly announces a partnership with the Larry H. & Gail Miller Family Foundation to modernize its Business Building and transform its School of Business. The improvements are made possible through a generous $10 million gift from the Miller Family Foundation and Gail Miller, the largest-ever single cash donation received by the college.  SLCC is renaming its Business Building the Larry H. & Gail Miller Family Business Building in honor of the Miller family’s legacy and contributions to the community. The business school will be named the Gail Miller School of Business in recognition of the strong business acumen Gail Miller displays as a community leader and as the owner and immediate past chair of the Larry H. Miller Company. This name change will make SLCC home to the only business school in Utah and one of only a few in the country to be named exclusively after a woman.  “We are deeply humbled by the generosity of Gail and the Miller fam

SLCC's Undergraduate Annual Research Conference Registration Deadline

Salt Lake Community College’s annual Undergraduate Projects, Performances, Presentations, and Research Conference (UP3RC) is set to take place on April 2, at the Taylorsville Redwood Campus, offering students a chance to showcase their academic achievements, fostering a culture of intellectual exchange.  The UP3RC is an annual event designed to celebrate and highlight the academic accomplishments of undergraduate students. It provides a supportive environment for students to share their work, hone their presentations skills, receive constructive feedback, and engage in meaningful discussions with their peers and faculty. All SLCC departments and programs, including faculty and staff, are encouraged to support and visit the day of the event. Students with their poster from last year's UPRC event “The goal of this event is to make sure every school and student is given the opportunity to participate,” says Dr. Kamal Bewar, interim director of the STEM Learning Center, who is chairin

You’re Invited to A Party! Open House Kicks off New Herriman Campus

  Complimentary food truck fare, live music, and family activities spotlight new campus.   There’s something for everyone at the upcoming Herriman Campus Community Open House on Friday, August 4 (3:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.). See schedule below.   The public is invited to celebrate the opening of this new campus with festivities that include free local food truck fare, live music, and a Mocktail Mixer, where you can mingle with others, including Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) and University of Utah (U of U) faculty.   Families with kids can engage in face painting and a craft station, see the Super Mario Brothers movie, and high-five mascots Brutus, Swoop and Yeti.   This is an opportunity to have some summer fun for all ages and to check out the Juniper building on the new 88-acre SLCC Herriman campus.    At the open house, prospective students and their families can meet SLCC and U of U faculty and staff, take a tour the building, or even check out the Application & Transfer Lab a