Skip to main content

Commencement 2024: Provost's Graduates of Excellence

Provost Graduates of Excellence is a prestigious distinction that recognizes hard work, commitment and selflessness. One student is selected from each school and General Studies. Many students apply to receive this honor. These are students with excellent GPAs who typically have received scholarships and awards for their academic achievements. They have demonstrated leadership skills and a dedication to serving others, in addition to other notable achievements related to the creative arts, athletic excellence or involvement in SLCC beyond the classroom.


Charito Kent
Aviation Maintenance Technology
School of Applied Technologies and Technical Specialties

Salt Lake Community College has allowed me to grow professionally and personally. My husband, who was diagnosed with multiple cancers, has been fighting for his health, and I had to step down as a flight attendant to support my family. There have been many times that I have wanted to give up due to all the things that I have going on, but after taking a few minutes to reflect on my emotions, I realize that whatever I have going on is temporary.



Lexus Lindeman
Computer Science
Gail Miller School of Business

My unique family dynamic has made my academic career non-traditional. I have two disabled siblings, and one of them is hospitalized often, which requires me to travel out of state to provide daily care for her. My professors' understanding and flexibility have empowered me to believe in myself. I started at SLCC with the notion it would be okay as long as I passed my classes, that would be the most important thing. Now, I have the confidence that one day I will obtain a master's degree.




Marissa Glover
Elementary Education
General Studies

Breaking barriers has been one of my most significant accomplishments, and SLCC is making it possible. I started my higher education career after a 12-year break from school, and though it was not easy, it was worth it. My time at SLCC shows my unwavering commitment to my personal growth and self-improvement, and I hope that I can serve as an example for my children that one must persevere in the face of adversity. I am proof that anyone can come back from an education break and excel while changing their life for the better in the process.





Ellianys Pupo Restrepo
Graphic Communications
School of Arts, Communication and Media

The Bruin Dream Scholarship has allowed me to pursue my education and empowered me to continue working toward a bachelor's degree. Thanks to the scholarship, I was able to focus on my academics, achieve a high GPA, and get accepted at a four-year institution. The Dream Center has played a key role in my academic career, providing me with community support and influencing my success here at SLCC. My gratitude toward the Center is so immense that I became a peer mentor to give back and pay it forward to others.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SLCC Automotive Repairs

Click to enlarge. Attention: SLCC Students, staff and faculty! Many SLCC automotive programs need vehicles to work on in these areas: 30 point inspections Oil changes Tire rotation Engine repair Brake systems repair Automatic and transmission repairs Air conditioning repair Electrical troubleshooting & repair Suspension & steering system repair Auto-body repair and painting (on a very limited basis) Please be advised that any repairs are done at the discretion of the instructors due to the subject areas they are teaching.  Because we are using your vehicles for training purposes, we offer members of the College discounts on parts and labor. Parts are at our cost plus 15% and the service fee is $20 per hour based on industry time standards (if the industry assigns an hour for a repair, that's all you're charged for, regardless of how much time it takes the student). We can also offer these services to non-college personnel on a limited basis with...

Bruin Bash 2014

Free! Friday, May 2 5:00 p.m. Salt Lake Community College Student Center (4600 South Redwood Road) Featuring: Children’s Carnival Circus Act Dance Fireworks Caricature Artist Popcorn Photo Booth Henna Tattoos Comedian Casino Games Oxygen Bar Airbrush Tattoos Mocktails Face Painter Magician Cotton Candy Balloon Artists Brought to you by SLCC Student Association www.slcc.edu/sll Individuals who require accommodations for this event should contact Joan Christiansen a, STC 124 or (801) 957-4439

Employee Recognition Celebration 2014

Congratulations to all of our employees recognized at the Employee Recognition Event on Wednesday, April 30. Retirees Vince Badger Lowell Baggaley Lynda Baumgart Debra Bertoch Grace Birch Norma Carr Susan Curtis Mary Jayne Davis Rodney Derrick Steffeny Fazzio Richard Hemingway Marianna Hopkins Marilyn Little Jacquelyn Mathews Steve Million Valorie Mills Doug Richards Carol Sandoval Debbie Smith Donna Thompson D. Cyril Watt Teaching Excellence Awards Bill Tovar School of Applied Technology Professional Truck Driving Melissa Tillack School of Science, Math & Engineering Biology Department Emily Dibble School of Humanities & Social Sciences Humanities Department Outstanding Staff Nominees  (Winners in Bold) Theresa Adair Chase Adams Jonathan Anderson Burt Barnard Shelly Beverley Lenora Billie Judith Black Ben Booth Shannon Brereton Gay Bryant Marianne Buie Gus Calder Ch...