The Salt Lake Region Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and the Salt Lake Community College Miller Business Resource Center (MBRC) announce the Utah Crowdfunder Series: Core Experience, sponsored by the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program, April 26, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at SLCC’s Miller Campus.
Panel discussions and speakers include:
- Neal Harmon of VidAngel, which turned the movie rental business on its head and which raised $10 million in 3 days through Regulation A+ equity crowdfunding.
- Thomas Alvord, co-founder of the country's top crowdfunding marketing firm, is part of a team that has helped over 200 clients raise more than $190 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo over the last four years.
- Alisa Gammon is part of the Purple team, that raised $2.6 million on one recent Kickstarter campaign and is one of the top performing advertisers on Facebook.
- Caleb Light has been with Power Practical since 2011 and has been instrumental in their eight successful Kickstarter campaigns that have brought in $2.2 million.
- Marty Tate is an attorney for Carman Lehnhof Isrealsen and is considered one of the U.S.-based experts in equity crowdfunding, with numerous deals done in the Reg CF, Reg A, and Reg D areas, including blockchain, ICO, and token sales.
“Crowdfunding is becoming a primary method for financing new enterprises. The best crowd funders in Utah will talk about raising big money on Kickstarter and IndieGoGo, as well as through equity crowdfunding channels,” said Bryce Hansen, associate director at the Salt Lake Region SBDC and lead organizer for the event. “This is the best chance for Utah entrepreneurs to learn and make connections in the crowdfunding space.”
The half-day event cost $45 thru April 25 and $60 on April 26, the day of the event. Breakfast is included. To register online or for more information visit www.utahcrowdfunder.com.
The Utah SBDC is a program of the U.S. Small Business Administration and is funded by the SBA and State of Utah. It is hosted at 15 colleges and universities throughout Utah and provides business advising, mentoring and services to small business owners at no charge. The MBRC at SLCC offers a wide range of services and support to businesses and organizations within our community. Additionally, the MBRC has community and industry partnerships that also provide assistance to the Center. We are also home to the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program.