October is Campus Sustainability Month, the perfect time to announce Salt Lake Community College’s new Sustainability web pages.
At the sites you can learn more about:
· Becoming a member of the SLCC Sustainability Committee
· Academic paths at SLCC that lead to jobs in the growing green industry
· SLCC Gardens, the college’s own community gardens program
· Recycling at SLCC
· The college’s increasing efforts to use solar power
· How SLCC encourages sustainable transportation practices
The site also links to related resources such as: air quality monitor, Bruin Pantry, current projects and energy conservation.
October 1 kicks off Campus Sustainability Month, during which time institutions around the world engage and inspire incoming students and other campus stakeholders to become leaders for sustainability. Looking for last-minute ideas to participate? Check out a few options such as:
· Taking advantage of our partnership with Bullfrog Films to screen one of four movies at your campus at a discounted rate! Interested? Learn more.
· Joining the online conversation by using #campussustainabilitymonth on Twitter.
· Consider participating in Project Green Challenge (Oct. 1-30), People’s EcoChallenge (Oct. 2-23) or World Food Day (Oct. 16)
· Attend the 2019 AASHE Conference & Expo (Oct. 27-30) in Spokane, WA! Online registration closes Oct. 1.