In support of Utah’s efforts to increase COVID-19 testing in the community, starting Dec. 7 on-campus testing will be available to all SLCC employees, both full-time and part-time, who are working on campus one day or more per week. Testing is currently by appointment only and takes place in the Student Center at the Taylorsville Redwood and South City campuses. Testing hours are subject to frequent changes driven by demand, but the most current schedule can be found by checkin the SLCC COVID-19 Testing Scheduling Tool. A few things to keep in mind if you plan to take advantage of this resource:
- Testing for employees is permitted every 14 days. Appointments can be made online here.
- Testing is only for those who are asymptomatic. If you are experiencing any signs of COVID-19, find an alternate testing location on Utah’s COVID-19 website. Everyone who participates in on-campus testing will be screened for symptoms upon arrival.
- On-campus COVID testing takes about 2 minutes. Test results will be emailed to you the same day you are tested.
- If you work on campus, you are not required to participate in the testing program. The college is making this service available for you to use as you see fit.
- There is no cost to either employees or students for on-campus testing.
- Testing will not be available during the holiday break and whenever campus is closed, but testing will be available Jan. 5-7. Expanded testing hours will be offered the first few weeks of January, as we would like to test as many people who work or study on campus as possible. Please see our blog post on testing details that will be in effect after the holiday break.
For more details on testing and on SLCC’s COVID-19 prevention efforts, check out our COVID-19 webpage.